Google Gears 0.3
Google Gears project is an open source Firefox extension that enables web applications to provide offline functionality.
· Store and serve application resources locally
· Store data locally in a fully-searchable relational database
· Firefox 3.0.*
What's New in This Release:
· Added support for Firefox 3.
· Added initial Desktop module with support for creating desktop shortcuts.
· Added the rowsAffected property.
· Added the hasPermission property.
· Added the getPermission() method.
· Added the oncomplete, onerror, and onprogress events to the ManagedResourceStore class.
· ManagedResourceStore will now retry captures under some circumstances to help with load balanced applications.
· ManagedResourceStore now sends the special header X-Gears-Reason: validate-manifest when rechecking the manifest at the end of an update.
· The sendMessage method now accepts complex objects instead of just strings.
· Added the body property to onmessage's message parameter.
Download Page changes:
· Added the icon_src and name parameters.
· Added the action=upgrade querystring parameter.