Globe*Trotter project is a geographic guestbook (guestmap).
It allows Web site visitors to mark where they live on a map and include their personal comments, instead of merely tacking their personal regards onto the end of a long list.
It benefits your visitors because they can easily read other's comments and add their remarks in a fun and novel way.
It also benefits you, the webmaster, because more people will be likely to give you feedback and you will be able to see where your visitors are.
A free hosted version of Globe*Trotter (with no ads) is available.
· PHP (supporting FTP commands)
What's New in This Release:
· Improved Custom Fields
· Automatically generates Globe*Commander code for you, so you don't have to mess with it unless you want to.
· Globe*Commander has been revised, and is now easier to code with. Now includes a tutorial on Globe*Commander. See the new tutorial on Globe*Commander (available from the admin page) for details.
· Admin can now assign a field as "webpage" or "email", which will convert users' input in that field to a "http://" or "mailto" hyperlink.
· Admin can now setup template using a WYSIWYG interface.
· Admin can now easily switch languages from the admin page.
· Admin can now set Globe*Trotter to "display only" where no one can add posts to Globe*Trotter except the admin.
· Resolved bug: Import from CSV now works.
· Resolved Bug: Globe*Trotter breaks when a user's post contains a carriage return.
· Resolved bug: Globe*Trotter breaks when a user's post contains invalid HTML.
· Resolved bug: Globe*Trotter breaks when a user adds a post using a browser that doesn't support mouse coordinate tracking.
· Resolved bug: User can leave a required field blank.