GContact is a web application wich allows you to manage your address book online.
This application can notify next birthdays by email and you can export all yours data by excel.
Mailing-lists can also be managed by this application to send an email to a group of people.
· A web server (Apache, IIS, etc)
· PHP 4/5 with XML DOM extension (don't forget to configure SMTP in php.ini to support email notifications)
· PEAR (install extensions stuff/pear/OLE-0.5.tgz then stuff/pear/Spreadsheet_Excel_Writer-0.9.0.tgz)
1. Copy sources in a web folder called GContact (or anything else)
2. create a database in MySQL and for security reasons, I suggest your to create an MySQL user with all privileges for this database
3. run stuff/contact.sql script in MySQL to create tables
4. update database informations in inc/properties.inc.php
5. go to http://localhost/GContact/actions/createUser.php
6. fill form to create an user (note : password are hashed in database using MD5)
7. login at http://localhost/GContact
>> For dailies email notification
8. configure a timer (like cron under Linux or a planified task under Windows) to launch the PHP script actions/notifyBirthdays.php every day
Repeat step 5 to 6 to create others users.
Security note : To improve security, you can move the actions/createUser.php file to disallow anybody to create users.
What's New in This Release:
· Czech Translation from Martin Drábek.
· GContact uses now UTF-8 encoding.