Foswiki is a web-based Open Source enterprise wiki system which is used as central knowledge base in companies, but also as a supportive platform for online communities. Foswiki consists of a core system that can be extended by a huge amount of additional extensions to tailor it towards the specific needs at
Foswiki makes use of the latest web technologies available and proven on all major platforms, but also accounts for organizational and knowledge management aspects of wikis in the enterprise.
Foswiki is used world wide by a wide user base among which are Motorola, Yahoo!, Hapag Lloyd, CERN, Windriver, Infosys, ARM Holdings.
Foswiki is supported by the Foswiki Association e.V., a non profit organisation which serves as a gateway to paying members and sponsors of the Open Source Community.
Here are some key features of "Foswiki":
· World class text editor built in, so that you get what you see
· Create dynamic pages: status boards, to-do lists, inventory systems, employee handbooks, bug trackers and much more
· Customize the layout of the site, or per page, user or group
· Over 200 polished extensions, all actively maintained, to expand the out of the box functions
· Compatibility with, and an easy upgrade from, TWiki
· Free, friendly, and effective community-based support by a community dedicated to democracy
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· This is a security release with further fixes to the Locale::Maketext vulnerability, reported in CVE-2013-1666.
· It contains a small number of additional fixes, including one for improved SSL Email support.