Fenice is a standards-compliant multimedia streaming server.
Fenice supports the following encoding standards:
* MP3 (MPEG-1 Layer III) (RFC3119)
* OGG/Vorbis (work in progress)
* MPEG-1/2 (RFC2250)
* Preliminary support for MPEG-4 (RFC3016, RFC3640)
* OGG/Theora (work in progress)
The main characteristic of Fenice is that it is adaptable to the state of the network gotten through the technique of the dynamic coding change.
Fenice is also able to manage live streaming sessions using external real-time audio/video encoders such as lame, ffmpeg or mjpeg-tools, even capturing audio and video streams from live-recording remote hosts (with Felice - Fenice Live CEaseless).
Fenice is the world's first streaming server supporting Creative Commons licensing meta-data for audio/video streaming.
What's New in This Release:
· Log support via file or sysconfig was added.
· MPEG-4 support was finished, and works best for stored contents.
· The annoying 100% CPU bug was fixed.
· Fenice should now run smoothly and reliably in almost every condition.
· Various bugs were fixed.
· Fenice is GCC4 compatible.