Easy Menu 1.0.6
Easy Menu is a multi-browser automagic extension builder.
Roughly speaking this program will automagically create for you a Firefox extension that once installed in the browser will add a beautiful and customizable Menu with the content you have specified (on the right an example).
More technically speaking this is a GPLv3 python script that build a multi-browser GPLv3 extensions (Firefox and Flock compatible at the moment) that install into the browser a Menu with the content specified in a "well formatted" XML input. The Menu content has no limit but your creativity! At your choice also a compressed file with the source code and/or both orig.tar.gz and diff.gz files suitable for packaging in Debian-based systems will be created.
What can be inserted into the Menu?
� Links: whatever kind of links that the browser can recognise (i.e. http, ftp, irc, etc.). No matter how many they are.
� Sub-menus: you can add how many sub-menus you want to the main Menu
� Icons: you can add a 16x16px icon near any items or sub-menus.
� Mailing Lists: knowing the link of a Mailing List archive (that uses Mailman standard) a sub-menu with the links to the specified mailing list archive of the current month ordered by Thread, Subject, Author and Date will be automagically added.
� Search forms: add a special item in the menu that will open a popup showing a customized prompt. The value entered by the user will be used as a parameter for the search form of type GET you have specified.
� Custom pages: add an hidden item to the Menu that will be shown only if the value of the relative custom page has been filled by the user in the extension preferences. Very useful for example to add a link to a personal page in a community, forums, etc.
� Style customization: for every item or sub-menu in the Menu you can specify the main style properties. (bold text; items color; items, sub-menus and menu background color; sub-menus border color)
How it works?
The program is very easy to use, just follow these steps:
1. uncompress the downloaded file
2. move to the directory easymenu just created (or whatever you have uncompressed the file)
3. run the program in a terminal. (run: python easymenu.py --help to see all the options).
Usage: python easymenu.py [OPTIONS] SOURCE
Where SOURCE can be:
- a path to a local XML file
- the URL of a remote XML file
- the special value "-" for standard input
- a string
-c, --compatibility The max version that will be used for the target
application compatibility. Possible values are:
- s => Standard (Firefox 3.0.* | Flock 1.2.*)
- p => Packaging (Firefox 3.1.* | Flock 1.2.*)
- t => Testing (Firefox 3.1.* | Flock 2.*)
-o, --overwrite Overwrite without prompting all the output files
-s, --source In addition to the .xpi file, generate also a
tar.gz compressed archive with the source code
-d, --debian In addition to the .xpi file, generate also the
orig.tar.gz and diff.gz files suitable for
packaging purposes in Debian-based systems.
-v, --version Show version information and exit
-h, --help Show this help information and exit
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in version 1.0.4
- Pushed Firefox and Flock compatibility options respectively to 3.5.* and 2.0.*
- New feature: added the possibility to the EasyMenu user to add translations for the 'About' and 'Options' windows of the generated extensions (closes LP: #362907)
- New feature: added the possibility to the final user of the generated extensions to choose if open all the links in new tabs instead of the current tab (solve LP question: #67499). Added the relative tag to translate this item in the extension's options