The friendly ECMAscript/XML application server.
Here are some key features of "ESXX":
- E4X extensions, meaning unparallelled ease of use when working with XML documents.
- Embedded SQL database (H2), for quick prototyping or situations where a non-distributed web application is simply good enough.
- Built-in web server, suitable for development and small-scale deployments.
- Secure by default: ESXX is designed to make the applications immune to SQL injection or XSS attacks.
- Encourages layer separation and state-less design, resulting in highly scalable, easily maintainable web applications.
- A RESTful mindset that encourages good-looking URIs and exposes web services/resources, local files, LDAP directories and SQL databases using the same API.
- Full access to J2SE 6: That's thousands of useful classes and arguably one of the best runtime environments on the planet. Naturally, you can plug in your own or 3rd party Java code too, as well as native JNI modules.
- Remotely controllable via JMX: unload or view statistics about running applications directly from VisualVM or JConsole.
- Proper RPM (Fedora/RHEL), deb (Debian/Ubuntu), PackageMaker (OS X), and IPS (Opensolaris) packages.
- DNS and HTTPS URI handlers.
- A multipart/form-data parser.
- Better SOAP service support.
- Improved stylesheet matching rules.
- Rhino 1.7 release 2 RC3, H2 Database 1.1.107.
- Partial ECMAscript 3.1 compatibility provided by the "esxx/harmony.js" include file.
- A new JS class, LRUCache, which is used for thread-local and program-local data.
- An Importve JMX interface.
- Many other changes.