DirectoryPass is a very powerful, yet simple to use .htaccess management system. The project enables the user to administer both .htaccess and .htpasswd files to setup password protected directories and to add and remove users.
DirectoryPass automatically generates .htaccess files and is compatible with Cobalt RAQ and Windows .htaccess. DirectoryPass allows administration of an unlimited number of .htaccess and .htpasswd files within a particular users account/server.
DirectoryPass uses Apache's .htaccess and .htpasswd along with DES randomized salt generation and password encryption of passwords for increased security. Unlike our other products, DirectoryPass does not maintain a member's database. It is simply a tool for managing your collection of .htaccess and .htpasswd files securely without the hassles of telnet or FTP.
Included in the administration panel are tools for addition and removal of users as well as the generation of .htaccess files.
Here are some key features of "DirectoryPass":
- Generate .htaccess files to password protect directories.
- Cobalt RAQ .htaccess compatible.
- Unix/Linux and Windows compatible.
- Add user function.
- Remove user facility.
- Password are automatically encrypted with DES randomized salt encryption.
- Validation checks, checks for input and that usernames/passwords are more than 5 characters long.
- No duplicate usernames.
- Directory browser (flags password protected directories)
- Password protected for security.
- Ability to administer an unlimited number of .htaccess and .htpasswd files.
- Simple installation, upload one file, run via web browser and choose a password.
· DirectoryPass is available free of charge for all uses and purposes (i.e. personal, education, commercial etc.). The only requirements being that you must maintain the HTML link back to Locked-Area.com and 'Powered by DirectoryPass' text at the footer of all the CGI script's HTML outputs. We also require that all users of DirectoryPass register a member's area account on our web site, the registration process for this requires that you input the web site URL/address that the software will be installed on and you are required to keep this information up-to-date. The compulsory link back can be removed for a small fee which can be purchased during registration. Only one account is required to download both Locked Area Lite and DirectoryPass.