Daisy Diff is a Java library that diffs (compares) HTML files. Added and removed words are highlighted and changes to the styling are annotated.
Daisy Diff was a Google Summer of Code project for DaisyCMS. Development of a stand-alone library is continued here.
Here are some key features of "Daisy Diff":
· Works with badly formed HTML that can be found "in the wild".
· The diffing is more specialized in HTML than XML tree differs. Changing part of a text node will not cause the entire node to be changed.
· In addition to the default visual diff, HTML source can be diffed coherently.
· Provides easy to understand descriptions of the changes.
· Allow easy browsing of the modifications through keyboard shortcuts.
· Java Runtime Environment (JRE) - tested with JRE6
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· The release consists of bugfixes and small usability enhancements.
· The algorithm used in the Java library is now in tune with the PHP implementation in MediaWiki.