Crowd project is a web-based single sign-on (SSO) tool that simplifies application provisioning and identity management.
Here are some key features of "Crowd":
· Give your users the convenience of single sign-on
· Manage any number of users, logins and passwords
· Centralise user management for applications such as JIRA, Confluence and Bamboo
· Connect to multiple LDAP servers, such as Microsoft Active Directory
· Integrate or import legacy user repositories
· Control access to select applications for every user and group
· Easily connect Crowd's application framework to new web applications
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· This version provides a new LDAP caching system that improves the performance for deployments with large user populations or running on slow machines.
· Customers that have geographically distributed deployments or thousands of users will notice improvements in performance with this release.
· There's a great overview of caching in Crowd in the Crowd documentation.
· Crowd 1.6 expands its growing list of pre-built directory and application connectors with three new directory connectors for OpenDS, Fedora DS, and OpenLDAP.