CourseForum is Web-based e-learning software that makes it easy for you and your students to interact, whether to create, post, share, or discuss course content.
With just their Web browser, students use Courseforum to get answers to questions, dig deeper into issues, and work on projects at any time and from anywhere, not just when classes meet.
It is powerful but easy to setup and use. Downloadable and hosted versions are available.
Here are some key features of "CourseForum":
· Get started in minutes. You can be running your own CourseForum server for your class with a quick download and a double-click - no complicated setup required! The software is available for Windows, Mac OS X and Unix.
· Easy for everyone to use. With an easy web-browser based interface, you and your students will be able to quickly create, read and contribute to class discussions.
· Powerful and accountable. All the features you need for discussions, group projects, lesson plans, student projects, all organized the way you want them to be. And you can easily track all student contributions and activity.
What's New in This Release:
· This version includes many new features, including a new "custom link" feature that allows easy integration of "Web 2.0" or other outside content directly into forum pages.
· Other changes include easier image links, improved comment posting, changes to the Enterprise version, several bugfixes, and more.