Contact Form is a perl script that you can run on your website that will allow others to send you email through a web interface. Unlike other web to email gateways, Contact Form is designed to thwart spammers.
It does not allow email to be sent to unknown addresses, nor does it reveal addresses that it knows.
· Download the contactform archive.
· Extract the contents of the download.
· Place contact.pl in your webserver's cgi-bin directory or another place that allows scripts.
· Edit contact.pl to change the email addresses to which email can be sent.
· Optional - Change any other parameters in contact.pl to taste.
· Point your web browser at contact.pl on your server.
· Send yourself email through the web.
Here are some key features of "Contact Form":
· Allow email to be sent to a list of known email addresses through a web interface.
· Prevent email from being sent to other addresses.
· Never reveal email addresses through the web interface.
· Contain no cross site scripting (XSS) vulnerabilities.
· Do not allow arbitrary code to be run on the host.
· Provide adequate information in email headers to trace any spammers.
· Allow, but do not require, an external form.
· Server side validity checking of all data before email is sent.
· Optional client side validity checking of all data before the form is submitted.
· A default configuration that requires only a list of email addresses to be ready for use.
· A customizable interface that allows arbitrary fields.
· Easy to change the way it looks to integrate into your website
· A web server that can execute Perl scripts.
· A command line program to send electronic mail. ("sendmail" is installed on most servers.)
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· This version focuses on internationalization.
· The contact form is now easily translatable.
· Several small bugs were addressed.