CodeIgniter is a powerful PHP framework with a very small footprint, built for PHP coders who need a simple and elegant toolkit to create full-featured web applications.
CodeIgniter is an Application Development Framework - a toolkit - for people who build web sites using PHP. Its goal is to enable you to develop projects much faster than you could if you were writing code from scratch, by providing a rich set of libraries for commonly needed tasks, as well as a simple interface and logical structure to access these libraries. CodeIgniter lets you creatively focus on your project by minimizing the amount of code needed for a given task.
It enables developers to build applications much faster by providing a rich set of libraries for commonly needed tasks, as well as a simple interface and a logical structure to access these libraries.
Here are some key features of "CodeIgniter":
· Framework with a small footprint.
· Broad compatibility with standard hosting accounts that run a variety of PHP versions and configurations.
· Requires nearly zero configuration and no need to use the command line.
· Does not require users to adhere to restrictive coding rules and no need to learn a templating language (although a template parser is optionally available if you desire one).
· Provides clear and thorough documentation.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Support for PHP 4 is gone, PHP 5.1 is now a requirement.
· CSRF Protection built into the form helper
· Application Packages
· Scaffolding, having been deprecated for a number of versions, has been removed.
· Removed the deprecated Validation Class.
· Plugins have been removed, in favor of Helpers.
· Added routing overrides to the main index.php file, enabling the normal routing to be overridden on a per “index” file basis.
· Added $route[‘404_override’] to allow 404 pages to be handled by controllers.
· 50+ bugs fixed
· Full query-string support
· Automatic base_url detecion if left blank
· New Cache driver with file system, APC and memcache support
· Command line compatibility for easy cron jobs
· 20+ tweaks and improvements