CensorNet is an advanced web filter & content control software.
Here are some key features of "CensorNet":
- Monitor Internet activity with detailed reports for every employee and PC.
- Enforce an Acceptable Usage Policy using advanced rules and group based policies.
- Block access to undesirable, offensive and potentially illegal content with leading edge filtering technology.
- Limit personal Web browsing to non-business hours.
- Improve network performance by restricting access to non-work related downloads.
- Improve network security by avoiding Web-borne threats such as viruses, spyware, phishing and malware.
- Tailor your Web filtering policy to suit the requirements of your business.
- Debian 4.0 Linux
- Adobe Flash Player & Reader
- SSH Client (e.g. PuTTY, SecureCRT)
- 14-days evaluation trial
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Time Quota - Web filtering is not all about blocking. The Time Quota is perfect when a fixed lunch hour simply doesn't exist or you want peace of mind that time wasting sites are under control. With the Time Quota feature you can allocate a set amount of time per day for browsing non-work related web sites (e.g. Sport, Entertainment, Social Networking, Shopping, etc) - once the time is up the sites are blocked until the next day.
· Support for Anti-Virus, Malware & Phishing modules - The new version supports our range of additional modules to enhance CensorNet Pro. Click here for more information.
· Bandwidth Monitoring - Who is using all the bandwidth? What is using all the bandwidth? Answer these questions easily with our new bandwidth reports by user, workstation, domain and category.
· New operating system - We have moved from Debian Linux to Ubuntu Linux. Ubuntu is a highly recognised Linux operating system which is backed up with constant support and updates. Ubuntu has allowed us to create a simple to use self-install CD which makes deploying CensorNet even easier.
· Request Unblock interraction - It is now possible for users to enter a reason why they wish a site to be unblocked and they can also receive an email when their request has been actioned. This reduces administration time and allows you to handle requests more effectively.
· Remote Worker Filter - The new version supports our forthcoming "thin client" for filtering remote laptops and computers which will be available in June. This will allow you to extend CensorNet's protection to machines outside of your core network.
· Improved support for streaming media - web sites such as YouTube and apps such as iPlayer stream video correctly rather than waiting for the video to download first.
· Faster performance - we have fine tuned and optimised the proxy server for ultimate performance. This version is orders of magnitude faster handling web requests than previous releases. You can now get maximum performance on even the oldest of servers.
· Pre-fetch Caching - if you regularly visit web sites which have cacheable content (images, video, files, etc) you can schedule CensorNet to automatically download the content and keep it in its cache. This improves the speed of web site access and is particularly useful in environments where many people need to visit the same web site at the same time.