CartoWeb is a comprehensive and ready-to-use Web-GIS (Geographical Information System) as well as a convenient framework for building advanced and customized applications.
Developed by Camptocamp SA, it is based on the UMN MapServer engine and is released under the GNU General Public License (GPL).
Written using innovative language PHP5, CartoWeb is highly modular and customizable thanks to its object-oriented architecture. CartoWeb project runs evenly on Windows or Unix-like platforms and shows its real power when associated to PostgreSQL/PostGIS.
Last but not least, CartoWeb may be set up as a SOAP Web Service enabling to have front-end server on one machine and data and map generation on an other.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Added new "currentuser" pdf block to output current user login name.
· Added new "timeoutBeforeHide" parameter for toolTips timeout value.
· No more forced "folder" id by plugin! now use 'folderId' parameter in .ini (doc 4.4.3)(bug 1814).
· Added parameters for general encoding of data sources and specific encoding by layers (EncoderClass.data, data_encoding) (doc 16.3).
· Added input definition parameter in edit plugin metadata definition and support for input type "hidden" and "textarea" (edit_rendering) (doc 14.2.1).
· Fixed: toolTips now respect min/max scale of related layers.
· Added circle drawing tool in outline plugin
· Extended support of outline GET parameters to enable description of several shapes - possibly of different types - at once
· Extended support of query GET parameters to enable querying of multiple objets - possibly from different layers - at once
· Added exportLinkIt plugin (returns URL of current page state)
· Added layerFilter plugin: generates a layer attributes filter form and applies the resulting filters
· Added throttling plugin: used to temporary ban ip that have overflowed configurable requests/second rules
· Added support for outputFormat in export plugins, implemented in exportPdf
· Added ServerMapquery::queryByMsShape(), useful to perform queries using MapScript ShapeObj objects
· Added statsReports plugin / stats script: generate human readable visual report based on Cartoweb and WMS log
· Added portuguese translations (thanks to K2 Sistemas)
· Added security parameter "security_view" for children switching
· Added config in exportPdf to show/hide some blocks if some layers are activated
· Added displayMeasures parameter in plugin Outline to display area/distance in label
· Unit tests now use PHPUnit 3 instead of PHPUnit 2
· Upgraded PEAR libs + added MDB2
· Added: PDFrotate: recentering, manual rotation
· Fixed: PDFrotate: stability issues
· Added: AJAX: general access points (onBeforeAjaxCallGeneral & onAfterAjaxCallGeneral) made available to all plugins
· Added: Layers switch: possibility to define any switch as the default switch
· Upgraded Prototype to 1.6.0 (bug 1763)
· Added: "force_map_refresh" parameter and related mecanism to bypass map request cache (bug 1850)
· Fixed: compatibility issue with eAccelerator (bug 1804)
· Fixed: proper encoding/decoding if encoding in browser different from UTF8 (bug 1534)
· Fixed: project id correctly recovered if/when accessing a project via client.php (bug 1748)
· Fixed: displayed coordinates when using PDF rotate mode (bug 1282)