CMSimple is a simple and smart single-user CMS.
CMSimple project uses an HTML-file for storing the entire site, which can be edited in your favorite editor. It has a dynamic TOC and document locator, a WYSIWYG editor (no plugin--functions in IE and Mozilla), a search function, link validation, image handling, and automatic backup. It is easy to set up your own layout; just edit the template and stylesheet.
Here are some key features of "CMSimple":
· Easy installation
· The CMS script is less than 50 KB
· Template driven layout using a css script
· The contents of the site is stored in a single HTML-file
· Many languages available (both for the user and for site maintenance)
· Written in PHP - it runs on Linux/Apache servers, or on Win32 with Apache or IIS
· Inbuilt WYSIWYG editor (both on IE and Mozilla) - or an alternative configuration using HTMLArea3.0 editor.
· Uploading of images and files
· Link validation
· Search function
· Print version option
· User downloads from their HTML content file.
· Simple mailform & guestbook included
· Easy setup of multi language sites
· PHP-scripting may be included within the content (named CMSimple Scripting)
· Integration with 3rd party scripts possible (using CMSimple scripting)
· Online editing of system configuration
· wwwaut login available (for Linux system)
· Automatic backup on logout
· Documentation and Support Forum at CMSimple.dk
· CMSimple is written in PHP4. Thus, PHP >= 4.0.4 is required on your server.
· CMSimple runs on a Linux server under Apache, or on Win32 under Apache or IIS. No database is needed as the entire site contents are stored in a single HTML-file.
· For better password protection it is advised to set wwwaut to true, which is done by configuring your PHPsettings. This can only be done on Linux where PHP must be installed as an Apache module (not a CGI).
What's New in This Release:
· Several language codes have been changed for language/flag files to comply to ISO 639-1 language codes.
· All languages are available from the new download form, and all languages have a flag.
· The licence text in files was changed.
· The Hungarian translation was updated.
· A "readme.txt" file was added in the downloads directory.