A free, public-domain, object-oriented implementation of full-featured blog software, based on the Phoo Phramework.
Bloo is a free, public-domain, object-oriented implementation of full-featured blog software, based on the Phoo Phramework. Both Phoo and Bloo are PHP systems. This projects are both covered under the Gnu Public License.
- Role-based security at the object level (in other words, security is pervasive)
- Those with posting privileges can create and edit posts
- Readers can comment on posts
- Posts can receive trackbacks
- Comment and trackback moderation, spam and troll destruction, etc.
- Administrators have full control over the look and feel of the blog, via the overlay editor. All visual element templates can be edited on the fly, with a non-destructive edit.
- Themes control the look and feel. Administrators can create themes on the fly, cascade themes from other themes, and select the default theme.
- Optional theme-selector for blog readers to pick their favorite theme
- Bloo-administered Blogroll ("Bloogroll")
- Configurable blogroll categories
- Multiple Spam Control Extension SnapOns
- Multiple users
- Multiple post categories per post.
- Post keyword searches
- Easy to use installation and upgrade programs
- Developers can create new Extension SnapOns to add functionality to the blog
- All input and output components of the system are XML-based and separate from the code
- New functionality can be added via Bloo Extension SnapOns
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- Various feature enhancements.