Banshee is a PHP website framework, which aims at to be secure and easy to use.
Banshee uses the Model-View-Control pattern (XSLT for the views) and is designed to use MySQL as the database.
Banshee is free. If you use (parts of) the Banshee framework to build a website, you must place a link on that website to http://www.hiawatha-webserver.org/banshee. I leave it up to you to place this link on an acceptable location on that website.
You are not allowed to use Banshee to create a website which you sell or rent to other people or organisations.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Support for login via client SSL certificate.
· Improved support for mobile devices.
· Improved support for API requests.
· API test module added.
· Improved menu administration and menu library.
· Converted smilies, BBcodes and spam detection helpers to library and improved BBcode rewriting.
· Converted CSV helper to CSV library.
· CKEditor updated to 4.1.
· jQuery updated to 1.9.1, jQuery UI updated to 1.10.2.
· Added DataTables jQuery plugin.
· Directory helpers moved to libraries.
· Account activity overview added to profile module.
· Replaced Slimbox2 with prettyPhoto.
· Renamed subdirectories includes and system to banshee.
· Renamed post_data library to validator.
· Removed MySQL driver, use MySQLi instead.
· Removed php.js.
· Small improvements.