BXR is free and open source, Ruby on Rails file management system. It is based off of Boxroom, an open source file management project. BXR allows you to create folders, users, and groups, and assign permissions, so you can secure different folder and files. You can also search for files and folders, either by keyword, or by file content. Organization of files is easy! Besides being able to upload files to different folders, you can also add specific tags/labels to each file.
Here are some key features of "BXR":
- Easy-To-Use User Interface
- Create Users, Groups, and Folders
- Assign Group Priveleges for File/Folder Protection
- Tag/Label Files for better organization
- Ferret Support for File Content Indexing & Searching
- Multiple File Upload Support