BEdita might look like a CMS, but in fact it is a framework:a collection of tools and components to create advanced applications on the Web (but not only) dealing with complex content management.
The CMS world on the Web is surely crowded nowadays, it is very difficult to find the best solution to create a modern Web application, even more in a Web 2.0 world.
BEdita has been designed and created as an object oriented framework to let you build modern/new[next] generation Web applications able to handle complex contents.
In BEdita backend and frontend are different applications: you can create more frontend applications on the same instance (also on the same publishing). This distinction comes from security reasons and for a better scalability, efficiency and freedom in
Here are some key features of "BEdita":
· a powerful backend web application to create and handle contents and their semantic properties/relations
· a frontend API, services and specifications to build your frontend application without limitations!
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· This version handles "inverse" relations in objects save and view.
· The gallery has categories.
· A bug with categories and tags still being visible in frontends when 'off' has been fixed. There is a new dummy (example) HTML5 frontend based on H5BP.
· This release fixes an annoying bug in searches returning incorrectly ordered results.