atlantis is a lightweight web browser based on gtk-webcore.
atlantis is a lightweight web browser based on gtk-webcore. i started it as an education to learn something abot gnome 2.x and some programming. in the past months i got a lot of positive feedback about atlantis and the pressure to release new versions came with it. i never thought that something which was started as an education got so much positive feedback. this leads to one conclusion: there are many people outside that would like a light, easy and fast web browser to read their news, scan for new files on various places and do some basic stuff with it. a web browser that fully integrates into the desktop and that don't depend on another browser or parts of that browser (e.g. mozilla with nearly 30mb of code). why the need of 30mb of another browsers core and again another 5mb of something else and suggest the users that they use something light, when simple browsing can be done with less than 50kb of code ?
- Supports DOM, CSS 1&2, HTML 4.x, accessibility, fully supports anti aliased fonts, native widgetset inside the rendering window, no lame XUL. this makes atlantis full themeable, it starts in less than 2 seconds and finally fully integrates into GNOME and supports it's MIME and configuration system.
- Atlantis %s'. you can specify a url in the commandline and it loads up e.g. you can run it within xchat or any other application. place it as default web browser in the urlhandler section within gconf.
- You can use your native galeon 'bookmarks.xbel' or konqueror 'bookmarks.xml'
- file in atlantis. simply take your galeon or konqueror bookmarks file and put it into the atlantis datadir named 'bookmarks.xml'. you can also create a "~/.gnome2/atlantis' directory and put the 'bookmarks.xml' file there.
- Variable windowsize, history size and zoom size which can be altered in the gconf section. you only need to start up gconf-editor and look under '/apps/atlantis' and you can change the values.
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- src/atlantis-bonoboui.c (atlantis_bonoboui_stop_verb): atlantis-stop-page function got added and old functions got removed. src/atlantis-gtk-webcore.c (atlantis_stop_page): function got addedto stop loading of pages.
- src/atlantis-bonoboui.c (atlantis_bonoboui_refresh_verb): atlantis-refresh-page function got added and old functions got removed.
- src/atlantis-gtk-webcore.c (atlantis_refresh_page): function got added to refresh loading of pages.
- src/atlantis-gtk-webcore.c (atlantis_link_clicked): function got api change.