Apache XML Project's goals are:
· to provide commercial-quality standards-based XML solutions that are developed in an open and cooperative fashion,
· to provide feedback to standards bodies (such as IETF and W3C) from an implementation perspective, and
· to be a focus for XML-related activities within Apache projects
The Apache XML Project used to be the home for many XML-related subprojects, many of which have moved to top-level project status recently or are currently in migration. The Apache XML Project slowly transforms into an place where you can find pointers to XML-related projects here in the Apache Software Foundation. The remaining subprojects directly under the supervision of the XML PMC are:
· AxKit - XML-based web publishing, in mod_perl
· Crimson - A Java XML parser derived from the Sun Project X Parser.
· Xindice - A native XML database.
· XML Commons - focussed on common code and guidelines for XML projects
· XML Security - Java and C++ implementations of the XML signature and encryption standards