Ad Censor filters annoying ads by matching requested urls with a blacklist and checking the HTML code for suspicious tags.
Here are some key features of "AdCensor":
· Checks HTML data from HTTP connection for user defined patterns (e.g. ads) and deletes them.
· Works with any Browser (even without) because it is a proxy.
· Works even over a HTTP proxy.
· Has an easy to use GUI config editor.
· Filters can be defined with perl regex.
· Can also block cookies.
· Unix like environment, but was only tested on LINUX so far.
· Perl v5.8.7
copy all files into the same directory.
adcensor_gui the config editor (GUI)
adcensor_proxy the proxy
ad_data.xml the config file
error.log log file
1px.png the place holder pic
COPYING the GPL license
README this file
run 'adcensor_gui' for the GUI program;
run 'adcensor_proxy' for the proxy;
run 'adcensor_proxy -v' for being verbose;
What's New in This Release:
· A proper installation and a Debian package were provided.