If you ever tried editing formatted code snipped inside browser's textarea field you probably noticed how inconvenient it is because textareas don't support Tab key formatting.
Textarea Code Formatter extension is intended to help those who are missing basic code formatting features inside textareas that are present in most modern IDEs.
Here are some key features of "Textarea Code Formatter":
· Gives all textareas on a page code formatting abilities, including textareas that are dynamically created after initial page load;
· Pressing Tab key inserts a tab into the text instead of switching focus;
· Adds ability to shift selected block of text right and left using Tab and Shift+Tab keys;
· Automatic cursor indentation when starting a new line;
· Automatic indentation increase when starting a new line after an open bracket (round bracket, square bracket, curly bracket);
· Smart backspace that deletes whole tab indentation instead of single character;
· Ability to set custom indentation (tab symbol or a set number of spaces)
· Extension could be activated/deactivated on demand through address bar icon
· Ability to move selected lines up and down using Alt+Up/Down hotkey
· Ability to copy selected lines up and down using Ctrl+Up/Down hotkey
· Ability to delete selected lines using Ctrl+D hotkey