With RSS Live Links you will enjoy Firefox-style RSS live bookmarks in Google Chrome.
For those who like Firefox "Live Bookmarks", this is a browser extension that provides a similar capability - i.e. you can read your feeds' headlines directly from a menu-style pop-up without having to go to the home page or a specialized reader.
RSS Live Links can be registered as an RSS reader with the "RSS Subscriptions" and "RSS Subscriptions Plus" extensions.
Alternatively, use the built-in feed detection facility to subscribe to feeds found in current tabs.
About Google Chrome
Google Chrome is a browser that combines a minimal design with sophisticated technology to make the web faster, safer, and easier.
Here are some key features of "RSS Live Links":
· Automatic visual notification of updates to subscribed feeds.
· Menu-style pop-up list of subscribed feeds, with visual distinction between new, unread, and read feeds.
· Click on a feed to see a list of its items, with visual distinction between new, unread, and read items.
· Configurable "visual distinction" options for each "seen-state".
· "Seen-state" is saved across browser sessions (see known issues below).
· Support for "Real" Live Bookmarks (i.e. a real bookmark folder for each feed with regularly updated contents).
· Google Chrome
· "Real" live bookmarks have certain behavioral restrictions due to the nature of the Chrome extension bookmarks API. See the help file for details.
· "Real" live bookmarks currently have an update problem - old items are not being deleted. I am investigating.
· Note, this is a "browser" extension, not a "page" extension. Therefore it CANNOT place an icon IN the title bar (e.g. for available feeds).
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Better tootips for items, performance-related mods