Firebug Lite for Google Chrome extension, supported by the Firebug Working Group.
Firebug Lite is not a substitute for Firebug, or Chrome Developer Tools. It is a tool to be used in conjunction with these tools.
Firebug Lite provides the rich visual representation we are used to see in Firebug when it comes to HTML elements, DOM elements, and Box Model shading. It provides also some cool features like inspecting HTML elemements with your mouse, and live editing CSS properties.
The Firebug Lite activation scheme is very simple. When you first visit a web page, Firebug icon will be gray, indicating that it is deactivated. Clicking on it will activate Firebug for all pages in that domain, and the icon will become orange.
To deactivate for a particular domain, go to a page in that domain, and click on the "off" button.
About Google Chrome
Google Chrome is a browser that combines a minimal design with sophisticated technology to make the web faster, safer, and easier.
Here are some key features of "Firebug Lite for Google Chrome":
· Browser toolbar integration
· Able to activate Firebug Lite for a particular domain
· Firebug Lite will be loaded before all other scripts, allowing it to capture all console calls, and all XHR requests for that page
· It is faster to load, because all code and images will be store in the extension's directory in your machine
· Google Chrome
· Cannot read external resources
· Won't work well on pages with frames
· Net Panel isn't available