Chromed Bird is an awesome Twitter client add-on for the Google Chrome web browser, with lots of features.
Because of two new features (Showing tweets on page when they arrive, and the ability to use a different URL to connect to Twitter's API) Google Chrome will warn you that the requested permissions for the extension were changed.
There's nothing to worry about in this fact. Chromed Bird will never grab any personal information from you, it doesn't even have access to your Twitter's password. All permissions are only required because it's the only way to implement all these cool features like showing tweets when they arrive without having to click on the icon.
If you're still worried you're invited to review the source code yourself, and remember that lots of people may do the same. It's all open and available here: http://github.com/cezarsa/chromed_bird
Also remember that the set of permissions for Chromed Bird is the same as a bunch of other extensions (e.g. Google Translate, AdThwart, StumbleUpon, etc)
About Google Chrome
Google Chrome is a browser that combines a minimal design with sophisticated technology to make the web faster, safer, and easier.
Here are some key features of "Chromed Bird":
· [NEW] Add and remove timeline tabs "on the fly" using the new right-click context menu;
· [NEW] Create custom search queries that will update automatically;
· [NEW] Preview image links by hovering them (Thanks to Takuo Kitame);
· See all your tweets in an unified timeline;
· Follow your timelines (including @mentions, lists, DMs and favorites) and navigate through your tweets;
· Compose, reply, RT, share, favorite and delete tweets;
· Create short URLs within the extension;
· Preview shortened URLs before clicking them;
· Track read / unread tweets;
· Notify user whenever new tweets arrive.
· Google Chrome
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Mostly bugfixes, I'll finish writing a proper changelog latter today. Meanwhile you can check the GitHub commit page.