surfclarity strips results from Google Search, Google News and Yahoo Search result pages where the results come from domains that match the configured filters. This enables you to exclude unwanted search results, or to filter out some terms from a search. The behaviour is different to Google Advanced Search (which does not maintain your filters) and is more powerful as you can search for results that match your query but exclude sites that match powerful filters (without limiting the search criteria to match only the URL). There is no limit to the number of filters that can be maintained and your search will not be slowed down.
· filter .com will remove ANY result from a domain matching .com (including any.company.xyz)
· filter .com/ will ONLY remove .com top level domains
· filter .co.uk/tv will remove all domains with the matching domain and path
· filter .wiki. will remove any matching domain: any.wiki.any, NOT any.wikipedia.any
Exceptions can be set up with the same rules, in case the exclusion filter is too general:
· filter bbc Exception .com/ will remove ALL domains with bbc in the name except those that are top level .com domains.
· Mozilla Firefox
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Fixed font issue with URL bar, find bar and search bar.
· Filter lists are now sorted alphabetically.