rikaichan is a Firefox, Thunderbird and SeaMonkey extension that adds a Japanese translator to English, German, French and Russian languages.
rikaichan requires separate dictionary add-ons for each language, which can be found on our website. It works with Firefox 4.0 and later, SeaMonkey 2.0 and later, and Thunderbird 5.0 and later.
Here are some key features of "rikaichan for Firefox":
· Simple to use, just hover the mouse on top of a Japanese word.
· Automatically de-inflects verbs and adjectives.
· Has an optional toolbar that allows you to manually type the word to lookup.
· Detailed kanji view shows meaning/keyword in English, on/kun readings, and other information.
· Hiragana, katakana and half-width katakana are treated the same making it possible to lookup stylized/emphasized words.
· Mozilla Firefox
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Fix problem parsing data again.