Xoopit for Gmail is the best way to search and browse photos and files in your Gmail. Upgrade your Gmail today!
Here's how Xoopit works:
Xoopit is a web service that finds and indexes all the photos, videos, and files buried in your gigabytes of Gmail. Here's how Xoopit works and the capabilities that we will add to Gmail for the user:
0. Sign up: you can access the service by going to:
http://www.xoopit.com/signup and entering the sign up code: getxoopit
1. Xoopit takes the user's Gmail credentials so that we access their email in the same way that a IMAP Email works. Xoopit stores an index of their email, but not all of their email.
2. User installs a Firefox Plugin so that their new Xoopit results can be presented directly inside the Gmail environment. You can think of the user experience added to Gmail much like the BetterGmail and Gmail skins plugins - we add a basic photo bar at the top of the inbox and navigation controls to the rest of the Xoopit web service.
3. Gmail Search Upgrade - every time a user searches their gmail, Xoopit adds a set of Media Search results to every Gmail search query.
4. Shared photo album links - Xoopit automatically crawls and displays photos shared on sites like Flickr, Picasa, Shutterfly, Kodak, Photobucket. This saves the user a lot of time because they can see the photos directly inside Gmail without having to go to these sites directly. Xoopit also makes these photos searchable directly inside of their Gmail.
· Mozilla Firefox
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Now supports Firefox 3.5.