Wizz RSS News Reader is a very simple Really Simple Syndication and Atom news aggregator.
It is an XUL application, implements as a Firefox extension and is absolutely 100% free of charge. Wizz RSS does NOT contain ANY spyware or adware.
Here are some key features of "Wizz RSS News Reader":
- Drag and drop Quick View function for viewing feeds without having to add them.
- Optionally store lists centrally to make them easily available from any PC.
- Simple drag and drop for adding feeds.
- Share news items and feeds via email.
- Watch List to periodically check feeds for new news items.
- Watch list entries can be configured to notify when new news items are found or they can be configured to save new items locally.
- Watch list works fairly well as a Gmail checker.
- Optionally log Watch List activity.
- Integrated search functionality.
- Integrated weather information.
- Integrated Live Bookmark import.
- HTTP Authentication.
- Supports OPML imports and exports.
- Supports all versions of RSS.
- Supports Atom 0.3.
- Supports Atom 1.0.
- Supports integration with Firefox 2.0 feed handling.
- Supports GZIP compression (i.e. Feeds that are gzipped).
- Filter feed items on words and/or phrases.
- Feed Search for finding RSS feeds, Atom feeds and OPML on any web page (Will only find feeds and OPML that are identified with the correct mime types).
- Supports Podcast feeds (Enclosures).
- Enclosures can be saved or played through Firefox.
- Supports the Feed protocol.
- Optionally hide/show read items.
- Optionally sort news items alphabetically.
- Optionally limit the number of news items returned from a feed.
- Publish your collection of feeds on your Web site
- The label on the category properties form read Feed Name. I have changed the label so that it’ll now read Name on both the category properties form and the feed properties page.
- I have killed the entire Search Feedster interface. The interface was a mess and Feedster no longer exists.
- The default subject lines for a feed shared via email and an item shared via email, were transposed. The default subject lines for these emails has been fixed.
- The password form (Used when prompting for a password during saving and restoring feeds to and from the Wizz RSS server) wasn’t persisting it’s location on the screen.
- The import OPML code has been rewritten to make use of the Bookmark Services runInBatchMode() function. This should make the importing of OPML a lot faster than it was before.
- The restore feeds from server code has been rewritten to make use of the Bookmark Services runInBatchMode() function. This should make restoring feeds from the Wizz RSS server a lot faster than it was before....