Wizz RSS News Reader is a very simple Really Simple Syndication and Atom news aggregator.
It is an XUL application, implements as a Firefox extension and is absolutely 100% free of charge. Wizz RSS does NOT contain ANY spyware or adware.
Here are some key features of "Wizz RSS News Reader":
· Drag and drop Quick View function for viewing feeds without having to add them.
· Optionally store lists centrally to make them easily available from any PC.
· Simple drag and drop for adding feeds.
· Share news items and feeds via email.
· Watch List to periodically check feeds for new news items.
· Watch list entries can be configured to notify when new news items are found or they can be configured to save new items locally.
· Watch list works fairly well as a Gmail checker.
· Optionally log Watch List activity.
· Integrated search functionality.
· Integrated weather information.
· Integrated Live Bookmark import.
· HTTP Authentication.
· Supports OPML imports and exports.
· Supports all versions of RSS.
· Supports Atom 0.3.
· Supports Atom 1.0.
· Supports integration with Firefox 2.0 feed handling.
· Supports GZIP compression (i.e. Feeds that are gzipped).
· Filter feed items on words and/or phrases.
· Feed Search for finding RSS feeds, Atom feeds and OPML on any web page (Will only find feeds and OPML that are identified with the correct mime types).
· Supports Podcast feeds (Enclosures).
· Enclosures can be saved or played through Firefox.
· Supports the Feed protocol.
· Optionally hide/show read items.
· Optionally sort news items alphabetically.
· Optionally limit the number of news items returned from a feed.
· Publish your collection of feeds on your Web site
· Mozilla Firefox
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· The label on the category properties form read Feed Name. I have changed the label so that it’ll now read Name on both the category properties form and the feed properties page.
· I have killed the entire Search Feedster interface. The interface was a mess and Feedster no longer exists.
· The default subject lines for a feed shared via email and an item shared via email, were transposed. The default subject lines for these emails has been fixed.
· The password form (Used when prompting for a password during saving and restoring feeds to and from the Wizz RSS server) wasn’t persisting it’s location on the screen.
· The import OPML code has been rewritten to make use of the Bookmark Services runInBatchMode() function. This should make the importing of OPML a lot faster than it was before.
· The restore feeds from server code has been rewritten to make use of the Bookmark Services runInBatchMode() function. This should make restoring feeds from the Wizz RSS server a lot faster than it was before.
· The export OPML code has been changed so that exported OPML will now contain two custom attributes used to persist the watched state of a feed and it’s watch action. Basically this means that your Watch List will no longer be lost when importing OPML that was exported from Wizz RSS.
· The save feeds to server code has been changed so the feeds saved to the Wizz RSS server will persist the watched state of a feed and it’s watch action. Basically this means that your Watch List will no longer be lost when restoring feeds from the Wizz RSS server.
· All of the shortcut key combinations have been fixed. Please see http://www.wizzrss.com/helpwiki/index.php/Shortcuts for a list of shortcuts.