W3V8 is a theme for Firefox, based on the IBM Intranet style (W3 v8.0) and Nautipolis (with icons from art.gnome.org).
Check out the Tools/Options dialog! Includes support for many extensions, icluding downloadstatusbar, tabsidebar, all-in-sidebar, stumble-upon, downloadmgr, quicknote, chatzilla, sage, wellrounded, forecastfox, calendar, googlebar, and many others.
All dialogs are restyled, especially Options, Addons, Downloads have the W3v8 style.
This theme is a good example on how to create a company branded theme for Firefox for example for promotion of the company's intranet (such as used by IBM for its 300.000 employees).
Borrowing from the professionally designed W3v8 style (including its specific style guide) this theme sports therefor also a professionally look, combined with the widgets from Nautipolis and Firefox.
· Mozilla Firefox
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Fixed vertical alignment in urlbar and searchbar.
· Updated to AllInOneSidebar 0.7.9 (fixing problems with 'Find Updates' button).
· Improved browser frame border in all combinations with AllInOneSidebar and Tab Sidebar
· Removed browser.xml (no longer used).
· Improved toolbar/menubar shading for non-active windows.
· Bug 480953 - Identity button should appear pressed when opening the identity popup (FF3.2).
· Bug 470983 - Video controls should ...buffering... indicate when ...buffering... playback is stalled.
· Bug 479899 - Remove id selector usage from toolkit themes (FF3.2).
· Fixed resizer cursors (for exotic cases).
· Video/Audio controlbar: added support for progressbar.
· Updated latest version of Personas.
· Fixed toolbar styling of AllInOneSidebar for text/icon&text modes.
· Fixed centering of Url in UrlBar.
· DOMInspector: Removed border line between toolbars
· Improved styling of multipanel and error console in AllInOneSidebar.
· Fixed very small background rounding issue in progressmeter of download manager.
· Added support for the new button[type="menu-button"] (used by Thunderbird 3.0)
· Updated AllInOneSidebar styling for FF3.
· Fixed icon of new-tab button.
· Fixed borders of commandBar buttons in AllInOneSidebar.
· Bug 415128 - Help/About dialog does not mention any license (FF3.1)
· Merged mbrowser.png and bookmarksManager.png to browserIcons.png
· Improved splitters/borders for DOMInspector
· Fixed tabDragIndicator and moved it to widgets.png
· Moved resizer, downloadIcon, and chatzilla icons to widgets.png
· Removed scrollbars.xml bindings workaround (replaced by slicing background-image)
· Fixed search icon size in 'Manage Search Engine List'
· Bug 463400 - Make about:privatebrowsing useful outside the private browsing mode
· Bug 471627 - Update text of about:private browsing before string freeze
Improved video controls (FF3.1 and greater):
· * Bug 464371 - fires multiple load events, controls should be s.
· * Bug 469030 - video control binding shouldn't use ID attribute.
· Bug 460899 - Additional toolbars not fading when browser window is out of focus.
· Improved icons for video/media control bar.
· Don't grey disabled toolbarbuttons on non-active windows (otherwise the label becomes greenish due to anti-aliasing).
· Fixed large fonts display issue in Awesomebar, trees, urlbar and searchbars.
· Improved tree separator styling.
· Fix file/folder icons in filepicker and in Cookies list in preferences panel.
· All about: pages now have shadow (FF3.1) (as performance issue with large shadows has been fixed in FF3.1).
· Problem with growing preferences box on Macs hopefully fixed?
· Added menu icons for video/media context menu
· Private browsing support: change background color of urlbar in private browsing mode.
· Added support for flagfox.
· Fixed button icons in Download Manager
· Added more menu icons for context menu in Addons manager
· Bug 433179 - Tag container icon wrong when tag folder is empty
· Bug 93772 - The arrow indicating sort direction is reversed
· Bug 342261 - [nsIAlertsService] all of notification window should be clickable (FF3.1)
· Bug 433179 - Tag container icon wrong when tag folder is empty (FF3)
· Fixed incorrect spacing of tabbrowser caused by CtrlTab extension (FF3)
· Fixed whitespace in separator in trees (FF2.0)
· bookmark tree border in Bookmarks Manager (FF2.0)
· Cutemenu icons for Tools/Addons menupopup, DownloadManager, PrivateBrowsing, media/video content (FF3)
· Fixed rounding & border for searchbar and gobutton in urlbar (FF2.0)
· Added support for Flagfox.
· Make menu's and toolbarbuttons of inactive windows use disabled color (darkgrey) (FF3.1)
· Bug 449522 - Context menu for HTML5 elements (FF3.1)
· Bug 456088 - Ctrl+Tab / All Tabs revision (FF3.1)
· Bug 411929 - (PrivateBrowsingUI) Private Browsing UI (FF3.1)
· Bug 324121 - Extensions with available updates for the next version of the app should not be listed in app update extension will be disabled warning (FF3.1)
· Bug 463189 - Provide an easy method for theme developers to style the browser in private browsing mode (FF3.1)
· Bug 431826 - Handling of invalid SSL certificates lacks in usability (FF3.1)
· Bug 459950 - Polish about:sessionrestore (FF3.1)
· Bug 460934 - tooltip-label class should be globally available (FF3.1)
· Fixed missing portrait icon in printPageSetup.
· Fixed shifting caused by text-shadow of disabled radio and checkbox (FF3.1)
· Added icons for the toolbar of PrintPreview
· Bug 448909 - Need more controls WHATWG Video tag (FF3.1 only)
· Bug 459546 - Make about:sessionrestore look good on all platforms (FF3.1 only)
· Bug 450944 - Implement -moz-window-shadow functionality on Mac OS X (FF3.1 only)
· Fixed all (known) issues with TabMixPlus, Basics and 'New Tab Button on Tab Bar' with all of FF2, FF3 and FF3.1.
· Make sure that Bug 164608 - Menu bars in background windows should be grayed out (disabled appearance) is only applied in FF3.1.
· Added menu icons for the tabbar menupopup.
· Even more fixes to fix the mess of the AllInOneSidebar extension.
· Make about:credits a wide box, so that more names are displayed per page.
· Replaced the wizard icon.
· Don't hide disabled scrollbuttons in scrollable tabbrowser.
· Added support for 'Basics', 'New Tab Button on Tab Bar' and 'Tab buttons' (next to Tab Mix Plus).
· Added Scrapbook+ support
· Bug 69710 - Disabled menu items (and radio,checkbox,menulist) need more three-dimensional appearance
· Bug 448976 - Turn the Session Restore prompt into an error page (FF3.1)
· Bug 164608 - Menu bars in background windows should be grayed out (disabled appearance)
· Bug 449792 - Tracking bug for build and release of fx3.1b1 - version bump to 3.1b2pre
· New icon for the wizard dialogs.
· Fix binding problem for the Addons manager caused by bug 378518 - Remove support for tag names in XBL extends attribute (FF3.1)
· Bug 433109 - Menu items suffer from vertical alignment problems on Windows
· Bug 423469 - Theme list can be completely obscured
· Bug 391728 - No placeholder for disabled plugins (FF3.1)
· Bug 413141 - drop -moz-opacity alias (FF3.1)
· Bug 448909 - Need more controls WHATWG Video tag (FF3.1)
· Bug 458588 - remove uses of -moz-outline* and drop the aliases afterwards (FF3.1)
Bug 372826 - Update about:license, about:buildconfig to the new style/look of about:
· Bug 368972 - Default width/height for plugin placeholders should be 240px/200px
· Bug 452385 - Bookmark This Page panel hangs Firefox when -moz-border-radius is used
· Bug 448193 - No 3D effects (inset, outset) with border 1px and -moz-border-radius
· Littlefox/Nautipolis/Walnut: Bug 445639 - Polish the Launch Application window - dialog box cut with Windows large icons enabled
· Bug 455756 - Add a "new tab" button to the tab bar (FF3.1)
· fixed hover/active styles of ForecastFox toolbar icons
· fixed the Tools/Addons width issue
· netError.css and config.css: use same background as about: for consistency
· about: fixed sizing of boxes to allow for different system font sizes
· Found a better way to overrule AllInOneSidebar, so my rishlistviews are faster
· Made AllInOneSidebar more compliant to my theme.
· Added icons to the "Add To Firefox" and "Enable Extension" buttons in Addons manager
· Improved checkbox and menulist in caption styling...
· Rounded corners for toolbarbuttons
· Fixed unequal margins of toolbarbuttons in Places Library and DOM Inspector
· Experiment: dropmarker of unified back/forward placed between back/forward...
· Fixed alignment of back/forward and other browser toolbar icons
· Fixed issue with dragover links into bookmark menu button in bookmarks toolbar
· Updated support for TabMixPlus (with the new newbutton styling from FF3.1)