Unicode Input Tool/Converter is a Firefox extension that converts among character references (hex or decimal), HTML entities, and Unicode. Also view Unicode, values, and character descriptions in chart and optionally output to a textbox. Several preferences allow a great degree of customization including adding one's own DTD for use in entity conversions.
Please be aware that in the Unicode chart view, items like question marks (Firefox 2.0) or boxed numbers (Firefox 3.0) may appear in place of a desired character (and some characters will not or cannot be displayed at all). This is due to Firefox's own present limitations in displaying such characters. To find these, you could consult the images such as those at the official http://www.unicode.org/charts site.
The Unicode data within this extension is licensed as described at http://unicode.org/copyright.html
Translators welcome at http://www.babelzilla.org/index.php?option=com_wts&Itemid=88&extension=2979&type=lang
Note: the extension author strongly requests a $5 Paypal donation for those using the extension (except those in developing countries, financial straits, active open source contributors, etc.): https://email@example.com&item_name=Firefox&amount=5.00&no_shipping=0&no_note=1&tax=0¤cy_code=USD&lc=US&bn=PP-DonationsBF&charset=UTF-8
· Mozilla Firefox
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Updated UI and UnicodeData.txt database to ensure all non-Unihan Unicode 6.0.0 and scripts present, as well as
· updated remote SQLite Unihan to 6.0.0, requiring a new download internal to the app (optional).
· Allow character encoding conversions
· Allow insertion of XML Entity Definition entity sets
· Fixed "Other, Not Assigned" category (within specialized search) to return its actual data
· Ensure blanking out meta-data when hovering on non-characters
· Added locale sv-SE (thanks Mikael Hiort af Ornäs!)
· Updated to Firefox 4.0.*
· Added appeal for a world auxiliary language to the About tab