Thumbnail Zoom Plus is a Firefox extension which shows the full image when you hover over a thumbnail. Thumbnail Zoom Plus is an enhanced version of the original Thumbnail Zoom add-on (which was written by Andres Hernandez).
When you hover your mouse over a thumbnail or a link to an image or YouTube video, the add-on displays the full-size image or video still-frame in a floating window. The image remains visible until you move the mouse or click the image. This makes it easy to move the mouse from one thumbnail to another to see the corresponding full-size images.
Supported sites include Facebook.com (profile pics and photos), Google Images, Google+, Twitter.com, Twitpic.com, MySpace.com, LinkedIn.com, Hi5.com, Amazon.com, Picasa.com, Flickr.com (currently broken but to be fixed in the next update), Tagged.com, PhotoBucket.com, deviantART.com, Last.fm, Wikipedia.com, IMDb.com, YouTube.com, DailyMile.com, Engadget.com, Imgur.com, and Photosight.ru . The add-on's preferences and toolbar menu let you enable or disable these sites as desired.
The add-on also supports any site which links directly to image files, imgur pages, or YouTube videos, including reddit.com and many others (this is enabled by the "Others" checkbox in the add-on's preferences).
You can also select "Download Enlarged Image" from the context menu to save the full-size image to disk.
Note that if the popped-up image wouldn't be at least 20% larger than the thumb, it won't show the popup image. This is a feature, not a bug.
If you have any problems, please contact the developer at firstname.lastname@example.org or file a bug report on our Issues page so we can improve it (instead of just giving a negative review).
If you want to try the latest-and-greatest, and don't mind the risk of a bug or two, consider installing the beta version. Send beta feedback to firefox.add.on AT davidadler.name .
Note: To avoid confusion we recommend you uninstall or disable the original Thumbnail Zoom add-on before using Thumbnail Zoom Plus.
- New border colors around pop-up:
- green for imgur galleries.
- red for videos.
- blue if the link is different than the pop-up image. Lets you know there's more to see if you click the link.
- white if the link is identical to the pop-up image; clicking the link would not be useful.
- New preference "Hotkeys" to enabe/disable hotkeys (which are available when the pop-up is displayed if the Hotkeys checkbox is on)
- New preference "Context Menu" lets you enable/disable showing "Save Enlarged Image As..." in the context (right-click) menu.
- Updated Swedish translations (thanks to Mikael Hiort af Ornäs).
- Site support:
- Added myway.com.
- Added itunes.com (except "charts")
- Added livememe.com
- Added bugguide.net
- tumblr.com: Fixed certain archives and galleries.
- facebook.com: Fixed certain movie thumbs.
- outlook.com & github.com: Fixed unwanted pop-ups.