SmartVideo For YouTube (MyTube) is a Firefox extension that provides 'Smart Buffer' for slow connections; auto loop; buffer preferences; quality selection; and more.
Note: The name of the extension has been changed from 'MyTube' to 'SmartVideo'. Also the logo has been changed.
SmartVideo provides better control over YouTube buffering, quality and playing options.
Here are some key features of "SmartVideo For YouTube (MyTube)":
· Works with all embedded YouTube videos. Be it a Facebook news feed video or a video directly from YouTube site.
· With global preferences, all YouTube videos can be set to start on your wish.
· As soon as the page loads.
· When the video is buffered completely, or whatever buffer percentage you choose.
· Let SmartVideo decide when it's good to start playing. SmartVideo's 'smart buffer' decides the buffer percentage based on your current download speed.
· Or just make the YouTube videos to start buffering when the page loads. You can play the video whenever you wish.
· The buffer strategy can be set for individual YouTube player or as the Global preferences. Just hover your mouse over any YouTube video.
· Calculates time left before the video starts playing. (Hover the mouse over the YouTube video)
· SmartVideo can default the video quality based on the user preference.
· 'Loop' option on all YouTube videos.
· Separate preferences for embedded and 'on youtube.com' videos.
· Enable/disable 'switching to HD on fullscreen' option.
· Mozilla Firefox
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Added work around for YouTube changes which broke the continuous buffering.