Slogger is a Firefox extension that creates a complete log of your browsing history.
It is a very flexible tool for creating a complete log of your browsing history (thus the name: Slogger "browse logger"). It can save pages you visit to your hard drive, and create custom-format history logs about pages visited (included are templates for plain text, HTML RDF, and XML). You can use style sheets (CSS-HTML, XSLT-XML, XUL-RDF) to view logs, or use external programs to parse the data for your needs.
Almost everything in slogger is customizable, so it's best to try and see how you can change it. Settings are stored in different "profiles", making it easy to switch between different uses. Several profiles will come installed with Slogger to provide some examples of how it can be used.
Here are some key features of "Slogger":
· Every page you visit can be automatically (in the background) saved to your hardrive (complete webpage, just HTML, or text), stampted with the date and time. With storage becoming so cheap, you can essentially save everything.
Plain text history
· Store browsing history as a customizable plain text file. Store in any format (XML, HTML, CSV, etc.) that suits your needs. Several formats are included in installation Formatted history files can link to online or local copies of pages.
· Save pages when you happen to be on a fast connection, and read them later.
Blogging / RSS
· You could set up all of the following to occur on one click of a button: A confirmation window opens allowing you to enter a description (and/or keywords) of the page. This and other information (date, time, url, etc) are written to a custom format XML file used to power an RSS feed of pages you like. The current page is downloaded and saved to [date]/[url].html on your hard drive, perhaps linked to from your log file.
· Use services from StumbleUpon, Spurl, del.icio.us, Furl and/or My Yahoo! Search to publish your findings online. (This is temporarity disabled in the newer version...)
Anything you want
· Firefox 1.5 - 2.0.0.* ALL