SiteLauncher is a Firefox extension that gives you a super-quick way to to open your favorite websites using only your keyboard. One special hotkey brings up the 'Launcher', followed by a unique key to launch a site.
SiteLauncher is especially useful as a super-fast method for opening websites you use often throughout the day, for example, many people would probably want to add Google, Gmail, Facebook, and Twitter, to SiteLauncher - what sites to include is entirely up to you.
Default hotkey is Ctrl+Space (or Ctrl+Alt for Mac users).
Here are some key features of "SiteLauncher":
· Because each site key is displayed in the Launcher, you don't have to memorize a bunch of key combinations to have shortcuts to loads of sites, only one hotkey.
· Default hotkey is customizable, in case you need it for something else.
· Add as many sites to SiteLauncher as you want.
· Just about any character key can be associated with a site, you're not limited to just a-z, 0-9.
· Highly customizable appearance - change colors, text size, spacing, column size, etc
· Optional visual effects - transparency, rounded corners, and gradients
· You can have your site shortcuts automatically arranged or manually arranged in the order you want them to appear inside the Launcher
· Set Launcher to open sites in current or new tab
· Optionally, set Launcher to appear on startup instead of your homepage
· Mozilla Firefox
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Changed default Launcher style for new users (will not affect users upgrading)
· Fixed bug causing Launcher or Direct-to-Site hotkey to not work when changed to a single key (e.g. F1 or Win Key)
· Improved and fixed bugs in Shortcut Manager drag & drop interface
· Added shortcut to invoke Management Screen (Ctrl + Shift + M on most systems)
· Added support for scrolling of Launcher using mouse wheel when shortcuts exceed available screen area
· Fixed bug causing SiteLauncher to malfunction on Firefox on recent versions of Ubuntu Linux
· Many other small improvements and minor bug fixes