PermaTabs adds the ability to turn tabs of your choice into permanent tabs ("permaTabs") that can't be closed, and stick around between sessions.
Useful for keeping URLs you use often, always one tab away. Also, useful for picking up articles where you left off, between sessions.
Just for fun, installs three random "permatabs" (from a built in list) on installation. So maybe you'll find a useful site you never even knew about.
Must read: some of the random permatabs installed on first installation contain affiliate urls. You can of course remove the default permatabs, and create your own (which is the whole point).
· Firefox: 2.0 – 2.0.0.*
What's New in This Release:
· New feature: if you faviconize a permatab using the FaviconizeTab extension it will now remain faviconized across sessions
· New feature: added option to not color permatabs
· Fixed: certain extensions might cause permatabs to fail to restore under certain exotic conditions
· Fixed: recently created permatabs could potentially be lost if Firefox happens to crash before prefs written to file
· Fixed: when window containing permatabs is closed permatabs might fail to transfer to next open/focused window if session saving is enabled
· Fixed (Mac only bug): links inside permatabs not working unless you use cmd+click
· Fixed (Mac only bug): default shortcut to toggle permatab status of current tab using invalid modifier for Mac OS
· New locales: cs-CZ, de-CH, fr-FR, it-IT, ja-JP, nl-NL, zh-CN. Thanks to funTomas, A.B., Okaryn, A35G, Haebaru, nirwana, and fiag.