Password Hasher enables a good security practice.
What good security practice demands:
* Strong passwords that are hard to guess.
* Different passwords at each site.
* Periodically changing existing passwords.
Why you probably aren't practicing good security:
* Strong passwords are difficult to remember.
* Juggling a multitude of passwords is a pain.
* Updating passwords compounds the memorization problem.
Here are some key features of "Password Hasher":
· Automatically generates strong passwords.
· One master key produces different passwords at many sites.
· Quickly upgrade passwords by "bumping" the site tag.
· Upgrade a master key without updating all sites at once.
· Supports different length passwords.
· Supports special requirements, such as digits and punctuation.
· Supports restricting a hash word to not use special characters. (New!)
· Saves all data to the browser's secure password database.
· Generates a portable HTML page with your site tags and option settings that allows you to generate your hash words in any browser on any machine without the extension installed. (New!)
· Can add marker buttons to unmask passwords on any web site. (New!)
· Extremely simple to use!
· Mozilla Firefox
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Firefox 3 compatibility
· German and Italian translations
· Longer hash words
· Other minor enhancements