Novel Moonlight is an open source implementation of the powerful Microsoft Silverlight for Unix systems.
The goals are:
· To run Silverlight applications on Linux.
· To provide a Linux SDK to build Silverlight applications.
· To reuse the Silverlight engine we have built for desktop applications.
· Firefox 1.0 - 3.0.*
· Gtk >= 2.0
· Mozilla NSPR
· Mozilla NSS
· Mozilla XPCOM
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· This release should be considered alpha quality. There are various new subsystems in Silverlight 3 (e.g. pixel shaders, local messaging, the client http stack) which expose new and different attack vectors, and the implementations of these subsystems have not yet been exercised or audited.
· As such we recommend that you should only use this plugin on trusted sites (e.g. internal or well-known web sites) on non-production computers. This situation will gradually evolve over the beta releases.