Minimap Sidebar is a Firefox extension which comes with three mapping components. In this sidebar you can drag and drop addresses or address links you find on web pages and they will be automatically located, and added to your saved address list.
Minimap Sidebar also comes with a quick loading Preview Panel to easily look at an address or directions without having to pre-save in your sidebar address list. The third mapping element is a main browser Map Tab for viewing a larger map.
All three elements are accessed from the Toolbar button (customize your toolbar and drop it in), or by highlighting an address, and selecting 'Map: Locate Address...' in the right click context menu, with the hotkey of CTRL+SHIFT+M opening up the Preview Panel, CTRL+ALT+M opening the sidebar.
Here are some key features of "Minimap Sidebar":
· Map an Address: Drag and drop addresses or links (the view in google/yahoo type) to show on map, which is added to the address list. Manually add an address. Build up a list of locally stored addresses.
· Map a Coordinate: Manually add a coordinate which is added to the address list.
· Preview addresses (highlight text or click address link, then select Map Preview from right-click menu).
· geoDiscovery: The extension will automatically discover geoURL', in-line geotags and microformats and populate the geoDiscovery list as you browse. Alerts you to the discovery via a status bar image.
· Map Types: Google street/satelitte/3D map, OpenStreetMap Mapnik/OSMarender
· KML File: Drag and drop hosted kml file links to show on map.
· Import/Export KML, GPX, minimap xml file, CSV (export only). Import/Export all from Tools toolbar button, export selection from right click -> share location menu.
· The Crosshair and Lat/Lon box: Map has a centre cross hair which displays the latitude and longitude in the top right hand corner of the map.
· Navigation: Map, Satellite, Hybrid, Terrain and 3D Google Earth views. Pan and zoom.
· Address list: Build up a list of locally stored addresses and kml files.
· Directions: Get Google / Yahoo! / Microsoft directions to/from an address list entry and/or set a locally stored Home Address to get directions to/from an address list entry.
· Fire Eagle: access and update your location.
· Tagzania.com: View tagzania.com/near and post address list entry to tagzania.
· Google Earth: View an address list entry in Google Earth.
· View locations in Loc.alize.us, Flickr, Panaramio, Geody, Geonames and many more..
· Access and update Fire Eagle location
· Googlesightseeing.com: Drag and drop googlesightseeing links to view the image of interest.
· Localize: Change Google geocoder source to help improve address results, as well as change the maps domain for directions.
· Geohash decoding/encoding.
· Miscellaneous: Toolbar launcher available.
· Mozilla Firefox
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· vi-VN locales added