MemChaser is a Firefox extension that allows you to follow the memory usage and garbage/cycle collector activities of Firefox directly in the add-on bar. There is no need to poll 'about:memory' or scrape GC/CC messages in the Error Console. You experience strange behavior? Then enable the logging and all activities will get written to a log file inside the memchaser sub folder of your Firefox profile.
As you can see in the image a couple of values are displayed. In the following you will find the description of elements from left to right:
- Resident: Memory mapped by the process that is present in physical memory. It is equivalent to "Working Set (Memory)" in Windows 7 Task Manager, "Memory Usage" in WinXP Task Manager, and "Real Mem" in OS X Activity Monitor.
- GC: Duration of the last Garbage Collector activity and in brackets the time when the second last activity happened.
- CC: Duration of the last Cycle Collector activity and in brackets the time when the second last activity happened.
- Logging: Starts and stops the internal logger, which writes out the current memory usage and GC/CC activities to a log file, which can be found in the memchaser sub directory of your Firefox profile.
No restart required.
· Mozilla Firefox
· Dark Personas or Themes cause an unreadable text in the add-on bar. It requires a fix in the Add-on SDK (bug 718015)
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Upgrade to AddonSDK 1.13.2 (#162)