HttpRequester is a Firefox extension that's useful when doing web or REST development, or when you need to make HTTP requests that are not easily done via the browser (PUT/POST/DELETE).
This is based off of Alex Milowski's excellent Poster addon, with a large focus on keeping a history of transactions, allowing you to go back and review, re-execute, load, and save HTTP requests.
HttpRequester can be opened via the Tools menu, or via the Addon-bar icon.
- Via user request: added ability to add custom methods to the list of
- available HTTP methods. Useful for adding things like PATCH (now a Proposed Standard -- RFC 5789).
- To add new Methods: enter "about:config" in your URL bar. Then filter on:
- Double-click the value to modify it. You can change it to a list of comma-separated values like: ["PROPFIND", "PATCH"]
- You can also add read-only custom methods too (these methods will not send any entity body) via extensions.httprequester.http.methods.custom.read