HeyStaks Social Search - Google Shared is a Firefox extension that allows you to search smarter, because finding information is quite often a collaborative process that requires sharing of knowledge, both in the real world via word-of-mouth and online through next-generation communications media such as wikis, blogs and social bookmarking.
Using the HeyStaks toolbar, you can harness the collective experience of your friends and colleagues to enhance everybody's Web search experience!
· Mozilla Firefox
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Added promotion filters that restrict result promotions in Google to results that have been selected numerous times, that have been tagged, or that have been voted up more times than they have been voted down.
· Added positive/negative promotion filters to stak creation so that users can cause URLs with the specified string to always or never be promoted on Google result pages.
· Result site favicons are used to annotate URLs promoted by positive filters (where available).
· Added timeouts which reset to the private "My Searches" stak after prolonged inactivity, and that expire the use of query terms as default tags and vote terms.
· Voting and page sharing have been added to the activity feed on http://www.heystaks.com
· Share and remove options are greyed out in the stak menu for staks where this should not be possible (e.g. "My Searches").
· Added "Preview" feature via an icon next to results on the Google result list - users can now browse through the result pages without leaving the result list.
· Enabled page sharing and preview features for non logged-in users.
· Improved the formatting of the icons inserted next to results on the Google result page so that they don't "jump" when results are moused-over.