Group/Sort Tabs is a Firefox extension that adds group and sort support to tabs in Firefox.
Here are some key features of "Group/Sort Tabs":
· Optionally group your tabs by hostname. (More to come.)
· Sort your tabs by last opened date, hostname, or last browsed date.
· Intelligently handles the opening/restoration of multiple tabs at once, only sorting when the URL of all opened tabs is known.
· Sorts tabs immediately upon navigating to a different URL, prior to full page load.
· Tabs can be manually moved into other groups.
· Mozilla Firefox
· The entire host before the first / is matched when comparing host names, so sites with different subdomains (like addons.mozilla.org and developer.mozilla.org) will not be grouped together. This can be undesirable with certain URLs (such as img161.imageshack.us and img299.imageshack.us).
· You can only manually move a tab into another group if you drop it somewhere in the middle of the group (no edges). I'd like an easy and intuitive method of grouping/ungrouping tabs for the future.
· Manually rearranging tabs out of the sort order is not a feature of this version. I've worked toward supporting it, but decided to release without it. Also, I may be overestimating its importance.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Marked as compatible for 3.6, no other changes. (None were necessary.)