Gmail Skins provides skins and other extra features for Gmail.
Here are some key features of "Gmail Skins":
· Change the colour/skin of your inbox.
· Integrate your google homepage alongside your inbox. This allows you to view weather reports, rss feeds, news headlines, flickr recently added, google calendar module etc from your inbox.
· Easily insert images from your Picasa web album in to your emails
· Insert smileys/emoticons and images in to your emails.
· Insert HTML tables and other complex HTML in to your emails.
· Make the navigation (Inbox, Starred, Sent Mail, etc) horizontal.
· Fix the navigation in place so that you don't have to scroll to the top of the page to see it.
· Zebra stripes on mailbox - pretty!
· Change the attachment paperclip (on inbox) to an icon indicating the type of attachment.
· Hide various page elements (invite panel, page footer, your email address from the top right of inbox).
To access the settings panel you must change the language on your gmail account to EN-US - This is because of how tightly gmailskins integrates in to the Gmail interface. You can change your language back again afterwards and the settings will still be applied, although "your mileage may vary".
Some features will be added to your account, please do not mistake these for beta features rolled out by google like this guy: http://www.digg.com/links/Gmail_New_Features.
· Firefox: 1.5 – 2.0.0.*
What's New in This Release:
· Gmailskins tab disappearing has been fixed again (for now).
· Horizontal navigation css more up to date with gmail html.