FloatNotes is a Firefox extension that makes it possible to create small notes on any website. It is basic in functionality and design but has some valuable features:
* Markdown support: You can use Markdown to format the text of the note. That means you can also include links and images. Have a look at the basic syntax.
* Notes indicator: When scrolling on a web site, small labels at the top and
the bottom of the page show how many notes are above or below the current view. You can also jump directly to a specific note via these indicators.
* Minimizing notes: Notes can be minimized to save space.
* Hide notes: All notes can be hidden with a single click.
* Simple design: To fit into any page easily and to not gain to much "attention",
the design of the notes is kept very simple.
* Locations: Specify the scope of a note.
Please note: Although I tried to make the look of the notes as stable as possible, it could still be that the notes look different on some websites. If you experience such an issue, please let me know and send me a link to this site, I will investigate on this. This way, the look of the notes will get more and more stable in the long run.
· Mozilla Firefox
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Fixed toolbar button
· When Firefox starts, the address bar keeps focus (#43)
· The button is now freely positionable and has a native look.
· The 'Show button in toolbar' option was removed. To add and hide the button, please use 'Customize...' in the toolbar's context menu.