FlashGot is a Firefox, Thunderbird and SeaMonkey extension that allows you to manage multiple downloads in Mozilla products
FlashGot supports lots of download utils, see http://flashgot.net for more details.
· Mozilla Firefox
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· More informative error messages when a downloaded file cannot be written on disk.
· Fixed Youtube multi-format autodetection causing stream prefetching sometimes.
· Improved FlashGot Media file name guessing (thanks nagan for RFE).
· FlashGot Media autodetects and downloads alternate available resolutions and formats for Youtube movies, even when Flash is blocked (e.g. by NoScript).
· Support for the FlashGot All command on XML documents containing URL-like element attributes.
· More compatible and complete generic URL parameter redirector (grabs the "real" final URLs from redirects and trackers).
· Addresses of media content captured by FlashGot Media can be copied to the clipboard by right-clicking their menu entries (thanks GµårÐïåñ for RFE).
· Improved link chooser dialog's destination path textbox selection behavior, allowing for easier copy & paste.
· On the fly download when changing the default download manager now working for single links too.
· FlashGot Media support for dailymotion.com fragmented video clips.
· Updated dfiles.eu (FKA depositfiles.com) preprocessing for batch direct link premium downloads (similar FlashGot-supported preprocessed file sharing services are fileserve.com, filesonic.com, hotfile.com, megaupload.com, netload.in, rapidshare.com, uploading.com, uploaded.to, ul.to, zshare.com).
· Fixed Linux terminal support broken in some distros.
· Links in the chooser dialog can now be sorted by any attribute.
· Improved link chooser user interface for quick selection.
· Better defaults for automatic link choices and checkbox to always choose all the links by default.
· Added checkbox to control toolbar button visibility in the Media options tab.
· HTML 5 "download" attribute support.
· FlashGot Media toolbar icon placement can be customized also while no media is playing.
· Brand new multiple link selector for download managers which don't provide their own (such as the built-in or JDownloader).
· Restored imagefap.com automatic gallery spidering, which had been broken by site layout changes (thanks nucus for reporting).
· Added recent folders autocompletion support to built-in save path chooser; just focus the text field or type in it to have up to 10 recently used download paths to be looked up (thanks Scott Merrill for RFE)
· Added suggested file name support for links diverted from the "Save as" dialog.
· Full FlareGet support.
· Restored built-in download manager compatibility with Nightly (thanks helpfulboy02 for reporting).
· Added private mode support when calling built-in download manager.
· Enhanced About dialog.
· Better FlashGot Media handling of chunked formats.
· Initial support for ZigzagDownLoader
· Improved support for the FlareGet download manager.
· Further accuracy improvements in the Middle mouse button + drag south gesture, which triggers either FlashGot Link or FlashGot Selection, depending on the context (can be disabled by setting the flashgot.gesture about:config preference to false).
· UA placeholder for user agent string available to custom download manager definitions
· Improved oron.com preprocessing for batch direct link downloads (similar FlashGot-supported preprocessed file sharing services are fileserve.com, filesonic.com, hotfile.com, megaupload.com, netload.in, rapidshare.com, uploading.com, uploaded.to, ul.to, zshare.com).
· Batch download support for linksafe.me (other already supported link protection/redirection services are chooselinks.com, re-links.com, protectlinks.com, rapidsafe.net, relink.us, rsmonkey.com, hideurl.biz, ftp2share.net, rapidbolt.com, linkbank.eu, linkbucks.com, rsprotect.com
· Updated and enhanced batch download support for relink.us (other already supported link protection/redirection services are chooselinks.com, re-links.com, protectlinks.com, rapidsafe.net, rsmonkey.com, hideurl.biz, ftp2share.net, rapidbolt.com, linkbank.eu, linkbucks.com, rsprotect.com (WARNING: Feb 15 2009, the rsprotect.com web site is infected, don't open without NoScript enabled), link-protector.com, stealth.to and lix.in, urlcash.net).
· Download Studio support (trial download here).
· Improved FlashGot Options|FlashGot Media panel, to choose a distinct download manager for streaming media capture. Firefox's built-in download manager is recommended because it uses browser's cache whenever possible and supports name guessing, and it's set as the default for FlashGot Media on new installatios.
· Windows visual download managers are fully supported on Linux and Mac OS X through Wine and Darwine (tested with FlashGet and Orbit Downloader on Ubuntu 8.0.4). You can enable or disable Wine support by setting the flashgot.useWine about:config preference to true or false.