With FAYT you will regain possession of your 'Find As You Type' bar in Firefox 2!
Many people has got a bad surprise after installing Firefox 2. Their useful 'Find As You Type' bar (with 'Next', 'Previous', 'Highlight all' and 'Match case' buttons) has disappeared being replaced by a poor search box with no buttons.
To get your loved 'Find As You Type' bar back in Firefox 2, it's enough to install FAYT extension.
Take a look to the screenshots page to understand better what I mean!
How to activate 'Find As You Type' in Firefox:
Enable 'Search for text when I start typing' in 2 easy steps:
1. Go to the menu and navigate to: Tools - Options - Advanced - General
2. Select 'Search for text when I start typing'
How to use 'Find As You Type' in Firefox:
1. Go to any web page and start typing a word you see on the page.
2. When the link you want is selected, press 'Enter' to open it.
F3 brings to the 'Next' searched word
SHIFT+F3 brings back to the 'Previous' searched word (thanks to Javi for his help in finding this shortcut)
· Mozilla Firefox
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Added compatibility to Firefox 3.7a1pre