Configures your application for use within the Department of Defense.
Here are some key features of "DoD Configuration":
· urns on auto-updates
· Imports DoD Root Certificates
· Setup of CAC Reader driver
· Clarifies SSL error when Common Access Card (smartcard) not present (Firefox)
· Indicate when using trusted domain websites (.mil), similar to SSL (Firefox)
· Redirect to HTTPS when HTTP connection fails (Firefox)
· Sets up DoD LDAP Address Book (Thunderbird)
· Setup of mail signing (Thunderbird)
· Looks at mail headers and warns if mail originates from outside of trusted domain (.mil) (Thunderbird)
Root certificates can be verified upon install by clicking on the View option. The fingerprints and other information can be verified at https://crl.gds.disa.mil.
· Firefox: 1.5 – 2.0.0.*
What's New in This Release:
· Updated to install on Thunderbird 2.0 (limited testing)
· Bugfix, removed display of classification level selector